Search This Site




Saturday, February 16, 2008

HET ups Diamond to 11K Points!

It's on the HET site. (I went to look after Rob told me that it was official. They posted it on the web).

How odd, eh? $110,000 in VP action for Diamond. It does make it more difficult for non-locals to attain Diamond, and that's a bummer. Add that to the fact that they are now sending different offers to people who have the same Tier status. (It messes up group play if everyone's premium offers are different. Hmm, we'd better go to quiet hand signals. :-)

3 comments:

Bob R said...

Now that it's officially posted on Harrah's web site it appears that the change is here to stay. There was bound to be some inflation in what is required to attain Diamond Status, so this change by itself doesn't bother me too much. The question for me is still what will Harrah's do moving forward. I think they realize they have too many Diamond members and I expect these increases to become an annual occurrence.

Harv29 said...

Remember, there is no more "HET", the buyout was completed on Jan 28, 2008.

The increase from 10k to 11k doesn't seem too much, however, as Bob said, I would be interested in seeing what happens in the next few years.

Bigfus said...

I agree that the increase is not too bad but it's just odd. You are both correct that big changes (and ones not necessarily for the better) are on the way. Harv: Do I have to type out Harrah's now? I guess so, since they are not public, right? Did you make out on the cash out deal?